Tuesday, October 30, 2007

tears on my guitar


Somehow the wide open spaces of Montana and the mystery of the mountains there have gotten my attention and made me silly. I am craving belt buckles and cowboy hats, a good steak and a toe-tappin' night of dancing. I spent a week of arguing with a good friend while I was there, but I still can't get the place off my mind and have wanted nothing more than to go back ever since I left. I have mocked country music since I was born and have more often turned to the hip-hop, alternative, and rock music of the east. On surveys I have always listed "everything but country" as my favorite music. Now, I am finding myself listening to songs with titles like, "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy." I'm beginning to wonder if the years of horse camp and hiking as a child has put within me a longing for the West and the beauty of Big Sky Country.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

seriously bekah. i'm all for boots and sweet belt buckles, and i can handle casual use of johnny cash, patsy cline, and maybe even dolly parton on occasion. one thing i CANNOT stand for, however, is anyone thinking anyone's tractor is sexy, in any space where i happen to exist. this is an intervention. the country music must stop. "i can stop anytime," you might think, but i know otherwise. social country-music-listening is just a gateway drug on the road to paralyzing addiction. that, or my eardrums exploding.

Liz said...

tiff stole the joke i was gonna make.